Dec 6, 2011

Routine Upset AKA Choir/Band Concert

Our evenings our usually pretty routine, scheduled the week before and followed. We have carpools coming & going, kids homework, dinner, etc. just like any other family, but it's when you throw off that routine with a Choir/Band concert that seems to knock the whole world off kilter!

What time do we have to be there, what do I wear, do I have time for a shower, what time can we eat dinner, why does everyone have to go (all from dd #3). Why do I have to go, I don't want to hear anyone sing, can't I stay home by myself (all from dgs #1). Haven't I already heard enough singing (after driving a total of 5 hours to hear our dd sing a few weeks ago), I don't have any kids in band, why do I have to hear them (all from dh) plus more I'll leave out for now.

Oh the joys of getting everyone to a school function where we all go as a "family". Ohana means "family" and as dysfunctional as we sometimes are, we love one another and will be there with our smiles.

The choir/band concert was beautiful (and short :). Three of the kids played Pokemon cards, bounced to the Christmas music and then we went home, settled down and all is quiet now that everyone's asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote