May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012



Today we celebrate mothers everywhere of every age, ethnicity, from all over the world. But today I would like to say thank you to a very special mother. I don't know your name, I don't know where you live, I don't know what it was like for you carrying your son and then having to make the courageous decision to place him where you knew he would be found right away and have a better life than you could provide. I don't know the where, why, or how of that day, but I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. My heart aches for what you must have felt and still feel. That little boy will very soon become officially our son, and without you, there would not be him. This poem is dedicated to you, I pray that one day, one way, we will meet in Heaven and I will be able to thank you there.


A Mother's Day Poem

Once there were tow women who never knew each other
Once you do not remember, the other you call Mother

Two different lives shaped to make you one.

The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it.

One gave a a nationality, the other gave you a name
Once gave you a talent, the other gave you aim

One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears
Once saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears

One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.

Now, which of these two women, are you the product of?
Both my darling, both, just two different types of love.

 - Author Unknown -

God doesn't make mistakes, every child is a blessing and has a purpose. 

Psalm 139:13-16 

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote