Dec 10, 2012

3 Months Home - I'm Late I'm Late For A Very Important Date!

At this moment Carmen & I are having a losing battle with the ice maker. It keeps rumbling, churning and making horrible noises. As soon as we turn it off and get back into bed or me back to typing, it goes off again. UGH

Well, I'm actually 10 days late on this posting (as of 12:01am). There's been so much happening and actually the most happening, is my procrastinating. Since my last posting (October 18th) we've had a lot of hurdles happen and 2 holidays.

Well a bit over a month ago Zander was pretty well communicating through sign and trying to repeat what we said. He now is starting to say the word while signing it at the same time. He says more spontaneous things now and has really taken off with words (although very hard to understand). His therapist said he is still doing amazing. She's awed by his ability to stay with something until he almost gets it.

One thing that has not changed from last month, only intensified 100% is the fact that our son LOVES to go bye bye. The first couple of months we were home we thought it was just because of everything new, but now we know, the child is addicted to going....anywhere....even if you just drive down the road he's happy. He doesn't even have to get out of his car seat, in fact I have to pry him out of the car seat (that's the opposite of every other child I have ever known). Although he is unlike any other child I have known. It used to be he got excited when you got your shoes or coat on, now he brings me my shoes and his shoes and says bye bye. He stomps, claps his hands, giggles and says bye bye when we leave. Once we arrive somewhere he even tells the people bye bye, ready to go again.

The one thing Zander has latched on to is Elmo, Melmo as he calls him. Every time the laptop is opened he runs over, "Melmo", we turn on the tv, "Melmo" read a book, "Melmo". He kisses his stuffed Elmo, imitates him on the computer and tv, etc.

Some of the sweetest things to watch is him telling Carmen & Richie good bye in the morning when they leave for school. He blows them kisses through the windows and says "bus bus" as the big yellow blur passes by. He then greets them in the afternoon with hugs and another bus bus when they arrive home. When he hears his daddy's truck (a 1990 Ford F150, a real working man's truck I'm told) arrive in the afternoon, he stops, jumps up and runs to the door, stomping from foot to foot, squealing, giggling, and saying either daddy or mama. Tim walks in wearing his bibs from the day, Zander practically jumps in his arms, hugs him tight and tells him "off, off" because he knows when he takes off his bibs, he is staying home. I'm usually never greeted because I always have the almost 27 lbs. with me : )

This past month we have had to leave Zander a couple of times. The first time he stayed with his Aunt Tina (she's the blonde with the short hair wearing a white coat in last month's posting). He was there during her Bible study and became their mascot, he did very well. The next time he got to stay with his "Grandma Julia" (although after she said he should call her that and she heard it, she now is Miss Julia). I went to have a test done that would take maybe 1 1/2 hours. After arriving back at Julia's house, the duo was MIA. Calls to her cell phone went unanswered also. This didn't worry me because "that's Julia". Well, almost 3 hours later in comes my little counterpart. Staying at her house didn't cut it with him (he cried A LOT), she scooped him up and went to McDonald's playland where he had a blast, then they took a stroll to the nearby Michael's Museum where Julia introduced him into many textures.

Now if I could only get him to stay in the childcare at the Y so I could go back to working out, maybe I could lose all the weight that I've gained since coming home from China.

Zander's first holiday here was Halloween. I was so excited. He could say tick teet and he was going as...of course.....Elmo. First he had his Tot Time party where we had a dry run of the costume, he was not impressed with the head part he was supposed to wear as a hat, but he did have fun at the party. It was good he had fun, because he didn't get to go out Halloween night because our family was all down with the stomach flu. : [ The great thing about it was he got to eat more dum dum suckers though.

Thanksgiving was so nice this year except Tim stayed home, sick again UGH! Who was Zander going to lead around? who was going to follow him so he didn't get hurt? Who? Papa Art stepped up to the plate. This was such an awesome thing in the family although I won't tell you why, just chalk it up to it melted my heart. Papa took him to see the rabbits, ducks, geese, horses, donkey, chickens, etc. helped him up and down the steps, etc. I am so thankful to have such wonderful in-laws. He also got to meet his Uncle Mike & Aunt Cindy and their whole crew. We pray you had a wonderful gathering too.

We are now gearing up for Christmas and I for one, cannot wait! The one bummer is Alex is moving back out on her own. We will miss her closeness, but she really needs privacy and space. She works all odd hours and Zander wasn't very considerate of her needing sleep during the day, but she never really got angry, just tired.

Carmen & Richie have been settling into the school routine really nicely. Richie just got an early Christmas present when a man his Papa works with gave him 17 Nerf guns. Carmen and I with many friends did the Black Friday shopping and had such a great time.

Well, I'm rambling...again and I'm sure you'll want to see the MANY photos from the past month. I will also be listing videos sometime tomorrow so please check back for updates.

Blessings,
Francine

P.S. I apologize if you get tired of looking at ALL the umpteen photos, but I can't decide on just a few.





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote