Nov 11, 2011

Be Still.....

November 11, 2011


Age 4
"Be Still" meant my Grandmother, Virginia, scolding me to quit fidgeting.

Age 14
"Be Still" meant my teacher reprimanding me for either talking to my friend or getting ready to jump out of my seat at the sound of the bell.

Age 40+
"Be Still" now means God loves me enough to say, "Have faith in My timing, be still and trust in Me to know the plans I have for you."

If you know me, being still is not one of my strong suits. If fact, it is THE hardest things in my life for me to do.

Being still isn't just about being patient. It is also being open to listening. God sometimes will shout and His way will be crystal clear. But usually for me, God's voice is a whisper that I must "Be Still" to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote