Nov 16, 2011

Hurdles of Hope

November 16, 2011

Yesterday at 12 noon I received the call from our social worker that Illinois DCFS had approved our home study. Needless to say I was stunned and immediately broke down in tears. I felt the way I did when finding out I was expecting our last biological child, filled with joy and awe.

Our social worker let us know it was the longest she's ever done in her 21 years. The state came back several times asking us to explain more in detail certain things that they had never come across, then would come back again, wanting us to explain the same questions, just differently. We thought it would never end. But God is the Greatest and He knew the timeline.

We pray that what our social worker, ICPC and others learned through our paperwork will help others in the same predictament. We hope it helps them know exactly how to word items and give them what they need.

We have no idea the next step, I will be calling tomorrow, but I wanted to share this fabulous news with you.

We are truly blessed by God.

1 comment:

  1. I came to peek at your blog from the yahoo advocacy group. I looked at your mission blog and saw that you were with Lori from 5 of my Own. Are you in OH too?? We are, we are almost done with our homestudy (hopefully this week) but already have PA for a child. Welcome...and congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

Quote

Quote