Mar 18, 2012

In Awe of God - Undescribable...but I'll try

He's Got the Whole world in His Hands

A smaller world it is becoming.


Psalm 46:10 (Amplified Bible)
Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!




These last 2 days I have been a witness to God's awesome orchestration in our lives. I have been humbled beyond my imagination, weeping in amazement and thankfulness and still to take it all in.

Nine months ago we met Lori Printy. She wowed us with her never-ending energy, spoke about adoption with the assuredness of a seasoned veteran, and became a very good friend over the next 2 weeks. Lori & her husband Dart were in the process of adopting their 3rd little girl, Mia from China (they already had 1 little girl from China, and 1 from Kazakhstan). Through praying, listening to Lori & Shannon, working in the orphanages and being with my family, we decided to pursue adoption from China.

Over the last several months Lori has guided me when I have asked about certain hurdles we were going through (she is a "BTDT=been there done that") adoption veteran. She unknowingly gave me support and hope through struggles just reading her #1 blog  www.fiveofmyown.blogspot.com.

God orchestrated our friendship. God orchestrated our conversation. God orchestrates all.

Please note: the following isn't very accurate, I was very sleep deprived while going through the next conversations.

I was up Wednesday very late with a very sick granddaughter who would fall in and out of sleep. While she slept, I was on Facebook chatting with Lori. You see, I was so happy for her, she & her family were leaving in just a couple of days to finally meet her third little girl, Mia. She had been waiting so long, had gone through so much and moved heaven and earth to get her little girl moved to an extremely good orphanage so that she could get the therapy needed at such a crucial time she needed. God provided. This is one of His miracles, because this is almost never heard of.

A few days prior Shannon (our China trip leader whom I go to church with), said it would be so great if Lori could meet our little Zander when she was in China. This got my mind racing of course since I knew Zander was in Beijing and so was Lori's little girl, but she would only be in Beijing a very short time before they would travel to Mia's home orphanage. I didn't want to ask Lori even about the possibility until I received a Yes from Zander's foster home, which I can email.

After emailing Foster Mom, I learned Lori and she had met several years ago when Lori brought over donations, some to her home. Foster Mom said yes, gave me her email and said to have Lori email her.

While talking with Lori late that evening, I brought up the question, "would you be open, or have time, to go see our Zander?" You see, even though we have pictures, we still had dozens of questions about his health, about him, etc. that had not been answered by authorities yet. Lori said it would be tight, but she would do her best, no promises. I started crying then, just at the possibility that someone we knew would be able to hold our son and tell us about him. I prayed so hard.

Then Lori emailed and we were chatting again and she hadn't heard anything from Foster Mom and they were leaving the next day. Lori gave me the number she was using in China and I felt it just wasn't meant to be, it was out of my hands and I was content knowing we tried.

The baby was up again for an hour, then she slept on me and I dozed for a couple of hours. When I awoke and checked, there was a note from Lori. Foster Mom and she had connected, made arrangements and she would be visiting Zander on Saturday, the 17th. More weeping, more humbling, more prayers of thankfulness.

Lori left the next morning, I was so ecstatic for her family. You know that feeling you get when you're at the amusement park, in the longest line of your life, waiting for the newest, fastest, most exciting roller coaster EVER and a friend is way in front of you in line, but you get to watch them first, feeling their same nervousness, relating to the excitement, not knowing what to expect. Then you see them after they've come off with nothing but smiles of elation, and them saying, "it was so worth the wait". I'm feeling like the one still waiting in line, I'm watching her face, reading her story.

I can hardly explain the feeling of the next 24 hours. I felt this humble peacefulness that could only come from God. I re-read all the emails, FB comments, etc. and nothing short of a miracle from His hand could have orchestrated such planning and be able to make this work.

I checked FB every hour, knowing when their family should be landing, etc. I knew how tired and exhausted they'd be, but at the same time full of adrenaline in anticipation of meeting their Mia.

Finally, I saw the post they had arrived in Beijing and were getting everything settled. I didn't know their exact itinerary or the arrangements Foster Mom & Lori had made. I do know that Lori had to be exhausted though.

My Lord said to me, "Let Be and Be Still", so I did. Then today around noon I saw Lori's next posting (they are 12 hours ahead of our time). it simply stated:

"Can't stop looking at the little doll sleeping next to me...steadied slumbered breathing...becomes mother's lullaby. Contentment has arrived."

She was with her baby girl Mia and of course I was crying again, so happy for her. I closed FB and went about my day. Later I checked her status again to see if she had posted any of their pictures from Gotcha day. Then I happened to notice I had a message, quickly I clicked and there, in what seemed HUGE black letters said I had a private message from Lori. It was the most beautiful pm I have EVER received, it read:

"I met him. He is perfect, a bruiser! Tell Tim he's got a football player on his hands. He is in great hands-like extended family. Lots of pictures & video but will take time to get it to you."

This my dear friends is God's orchestration using a friendship from only 9 months prior, with a wonderful woman who will forever be in my heart for being the first one to hold our son. She knows the ache of getting even the tiniest bit of information you can about your child. She understands how important each little picture is. Lori also had me email her questions I would like answered about Zander if she got to meet him. I sent 20 questions and when she replied, she ended with,

"I will pray over him Francine and tell him his mamma loves him :)

Thank you God for placing Lori in our lives, for allowing our friendship to be kept alive through our journeys and for allowing me to tell of Your love and the miracles you do everyday through ordinary people.

We don't expect to hear anything until Lori and her family are settled, we have already been blessed beyond measure with our news. They are having a whirlwind and this time is so precious. Thank you Lori.

Blessings to all who has taken the time to read through my LONG LONG story. It's been bottled up inside and I can't seem to stop the flow of words coming out or the tears of joy from streaming.

Love
Francine


Here's a picture of Lori & her family getting ready to travel. The next picture is of her other 2 little girls (they are staying with their grandparents in Florida while the family goes to get Mia). Then their is the photo of Mia.





The next photos I will post will be them as a family.



1 comment:

Quote

Quote