Jan 12, 2012

Directions - Read Directions - Read AGAIN To Understand

My friends all tell me I am WAY too literal a person. So much so, after today's blunder, I'm beginning to believe them!

In all the hoopla of getting all our documents together for our dossier. One of the items that must be done is to have your birth certificates & marriage license authenticated by the Chinese Consulate. Ours is in Chicago so our agency sent us their courier contact Denise. She came highly recommended and her web site was very thorough with its directions...until I read them too literally.

She couriers MANY different forms of documents and in the list of things to include it said GI application. I skipped right over this part because I knew we weren't filing to have our GI bill authenticated. Which also called to have copies of you passport too.

After overnighting her our documents, I gladly made one more check off my list, now it was in her hands. Until she called this morning and asked where our G1 application and passport copies were. I had totally misread the instructions, there WAS an application for me to fill out, a G1 (one), not GI. She laughed through it, helped me email the docs to her and we moved on.

Then she paused and HAD to tell me, "Now, when it comes time for you to go to China and they say you need to get a VISA, they do not mean a credit card! They want the actual Chinese VISA." I had to laugh because she said this actually happened and a couple showed up at the airport with a VISA credit card instead of the VISA!.

What would the world be without us VERY literal thinkers, a boring place without too much humor I like to believe.

Blessings,
Francine

She

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote