Jan 9, 2012

Keeping the Faith

The last 2 weeks have been ones of searching. Searching for a little girl named Melissa who melted my heart and sent me on a quest to find out if she could be ours. She was with a foster program in China and no one had anything but basic information. If anyone knows me, I charge at a challenge and since everything so far with our adoption has come upon the "we've never had a case like this before", I believed she would be ours somehow. I was told it would be like "finding a needle in a haystack", a "one in a million chance of finding her", etc. etc.

Well, with the helpfulness of some beautiful souls, I found her with another agency, getting to be matched with a family, and other families waiting in the wings ready to call her their own, not ours though. I found out tonight around 6 pm and was heart broken, but happy for her to have a forever family. God really lead me through the search, I truly believe so that I could fall back on Him for reassurance that He knows who and what is best for our family. Reading today there was a verse that stood apart.

Matthew 7:8

For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds; and to him who keeps on knocking, the door will be opened.

We will keep asking, who Lord. Please lead us on the path to the child you have chosen for us.
We will keep seeking for the face we will know in our heart God has chosen for our family.
We will keep knocking until the door is wide open and we can walk our walk on the path the Lord has set for us.

Blessings,
Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote