Jul 1, 2012

Nesting Nuttiness!



We have been through 3 biological pregnancies, all with their different types of "nesting". 

Brandy - Our first daughter came while I lived with my parents. With Brandy, the last 2 months of my mother's home was scrubbed from top to bottom, I drove my parents NUTS with constant scrubbing.

Alex - With our second daughter, we were under so much pressure in the military, our nesting went out the window since Tim was supposed to leave before Alexandria was even born and ended up being discharged 2 weeks after she came!

Carmen - With Carmen, the nesting was very smooth, calm and very calculated. I was older when I had Carmen, knew what to expect, excitedly decorated, had her name picked out from the moment we knew she was a girl and looked forward to every doctor's visit. We knew from conception (In Vitro Fertilization) she was there so this pregnancy was a VERY long one.

Zander - Although he is not our biological son, the nesting and pregnancy anxiety are very real. International adoption in China is longer than an actual 9 month, pregnancy. By the time we hold him in our arms, it will have been 8 months from seeing his little face and knowing he was our son. How much closer can you get to actual pregnancy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote