Jul 31, 2012

We're Off!

Well we are off or should I say sitting at St. Louis International airport getting ready to be off. Yesterday was a whirlwind of packing, packing & more packing. Last night trying to sleep was a cough-fest between Carmen & myself so as you can imagine, we didn't get a lot of sleep.

This morning at 4 am as the alarm went off I was very angry at it, I just wanted to sleep and then I thought about seeing our little boy in just 24 hours and was up and atem. It was quite a production at our house, we all have such different personalities in the morning. Tim is an extremely quiet person in the morning, Carmen & I are loud and raring to go. Richie is a middle man, half quiet & half a bit rowdy.

As I was blow-drying my hair, with Tim trying to brush teeth and comb his hair, it was a battle over the cord in the way. Then when he left for some reason I looked up and there was one of my best friends, at 430 in the morning mind you, fully dressed, hair done, etc. She said she just so happened to be up so she came to see what was happening at the Verbeke household.

Well, she got quite a show with all or us in our glory, bantering back and forth, then trying to get out the door. The airlines tell you to be at the airport 3 hours early for international flights and me, as the literal person I am, was bound and determined to get us there 3 hours early.

Now it's one hour from our flight and we should've waited another hour UGH! At least with this trip to China we aren't bringing any carry-ons, we checked it all, which is so nice not to have to worry about toting rolling luggage everywhere.

Well Zander, here we come, ready or not! We can hardly wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote